JASMIN's operating costs include:
- Hardware and software maintenance and smaller purchases
- Licence costs for hardware and software
- User engagement activities
- Travel and subsistence for JASMIN staff
and are provided by:
- a service-level agreement between NERC and JASMIN's host institution, STFC (~65%)
- "cost-recovery" charged to tenant projects where appropriate
Capital funding is required to procure and integrate the major hardware, software and other assets which form the JASMIN infrastructure, from which the required service can be delivered.
Procurement phases are aligned with financial years and are principally provided from BEIS on behalf of NERC to STFC. The level of investment over the JASMIN phases to date, is shown in the table below.
As old hardware is retired, the overall net value of JASMIN's assets varies over time, as shown below.